POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Massive linux cluster : Re: Massive linux cluster Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Massive linux cluster
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 1 Sep 2000 06:30:22
Message: <39AF857A.8415257D@ij.net>
Lewis wrote:

> Did anyone see this new linux supercomputer? is there anyone out there
> able to obtain an account? (AND RUN POV IN REALTIME! [j/k, i'm not sure,
> i have no idea about this])
>
> http://www.ahpcc.unm.edu/Systems/Allocations/index.html

	Real time is always BS.

	About a year ago I posted a little klein bottle .pov with each point a
sphere with and ior. Guesses were at least two weeks to parse with a
300MHz CPU. Your estimates will vary.

	That would be one hell of a cluster for real time.

	That is why the movie CGI folks play for speed.

	In all of them, watch for shadows. That is currently the test.

--
Giwer's Rule: Aps expand to consume every available
increase leaving a net zero increase in content.